This special edition Match Guide examines the 2015 New Japan Pro Wrestling G-1 Climax tournament wrestler-by-wrestler, match-by-match. The guide includes match by match analysis of all twenty wrestlers in the field for 180+ write ups in total! The guide was written in real time as the 25th edition of the G-1 Climax unfolded. Included inside:
- The benefits (and drawbacks) of Toru Yano’s comedy act in a tournament environment;
- Michael Elgin: improved wrestler or a beneficiary of the environment?;
- A.J. Styles might be the best wrestler in the world currently but did he the best output in the G-1?;
- A look at Tetsuya Naito, his new (borrowed) gimmick, and what he did to make a difficult gimmick work for him;
- Two very different attempts at creating a sense of of resiliency, struggle, and drama as displayed by Ibushi/Shibata and Tanahashi/Nakamura;
- And much more including Tomoaki Honma’s balancing act, Yuji Nagata’s (worked) injury) Shinsuke Nakamura’s (real) injury, and the ineptitude of Togi Makabe.
Click HERE to download!